Friday, September 20, 2013

Honey Mustard Chicken


I ran across this recipe and kind of fell in love with it. I’ve make it into my own changing a few things everytime I make it. It’s a simple, fast, and delicious meal! Hope you enjoy!

What you’ll need:

4 Chicken Breasts
6 Cooked bacon, harshly chopped (I use maple smoked bacon, gives it good flavor)
½ - 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
Colby Jack shredded cheese
Lawyr’s Season Salt

I make my own honey mustard sauce for this, but you can also use a pre-bought one if you’d like

Honey Mustard
¼ cup regular yellow mustard
1/3 cup Honey
2 Tbsp. mayo
2-4 tsp. dried onion flakes 

Mix all together and let sit for a while to let the flavors marry.

Steps:
Pound the chicken to make tender and season with lawyr’s salt. Let it rest while you cook the bacon. You want it to be crispy, but not to crispy. Save the grease. 

Preheat the oven to 350. In the bacon grease, brown the chicken. About 4 minutes on each side.
Line a glass container with tinfoil (less clean up!).

Place the chicken in the container. Layer the Honey mustard, mushrooms, and bacon on top of the chicken. Top with all the cheese your heart desires (you can never have enough cheese, is my theory) if you have left over honey mustard go ahead and drizzle it on the top of the cheese. 

Cook for 25-30 minutes at 350.

Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Usually when I make this I serve it with rice and a salad.
Hope you Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...